Friday, June 24, 2005

Baptism For Me!

Forgot that the whole point of telling the story about the baby baptism was to announce I will be WATER BAPTISED in a week!

And "baby baptisms" are tak pakay, because a baby can't choose to receive Jesus. Parents choosing for their kids is big time tak pakay.

I put my poor children through that, being The Poor Soddess Formerly Known As A Catholic.

However it was pointed out to me that my kids were DEDICATED to the Lord, not baptised. Baptism is a full emersion into water because it symbolising the death of one's Old Self (going down) and the emergence of one Born Again a child of Jesus.

Yippee! I can't wait!

3 Comments:

Blogger Threez said...

I believe that when God is in a church you will definitely see great things happening. "Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit." (Matthew 12: 33).

I personally have not attended any services at New C reation of FCBC though I have friends from those churches.

3:57 PM  
Blogger JJG said...

FCBC rocks my world; I can vouch for it.

It's astounding right now cos we're moving to the Expo this December cos God has given us this opportunity to (The Expo guys approached us; not the other way round). We're going to use this 3 years to plan a new church building cos with the new G12 movement, we know with faith that there's going to be explosive growth.

In fact, today's the last day of the first Internation Youth Gateway Cities Convention that our youth ministry organised and the whole thing was amazing.

In short, I'm excited about FCBC cos in my 10+ years here (I'm just 16), I'm finally seeing such explosion taking place comparable to the golden age of FCBC. =)

I think CHC rocks too. With annoited men like Ps Kong, CHC's a miracle to Singapore.

But as for New Creation... Well, I'm not too sure.

But one thing's impressive. A little red dot like Singapore has 3 mega-churches when Wikipedia lists only 5 in the world outside the US. God be praised!

4:27 PM  
Blogger cybeRanger said...

NCC rocks too.. May God be glorified! Check this out... http://www.newcreation.org.sg/homtestarchive.htm

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home