Tuesday, June 28, 2005

PHWOARRR! Talk about tongues!

My recent post on my other blog, entitled Why Aren't They Talking About Ho Yeow Sun? got Tomorrow'd.

I've been put on the grill many times before as a reporter and editor, but wahh, don't play a fool, this web community have opinions. They sure know how to waggle them tongues and wiggle them fingers.

It's GREAT! I don't agree with most of them, but it's fantastic that Singaporeans have a VIEW. So refreshing! This tells me they are thinking. If they are thinking then they can be challenged. If they can be challenged then they can be saved.

I would like to explain this equation but I don't know how to spell in Tongues.

The debate revealed some things to me:
1. People believe everything they read in the papers.
2. People don't like religion mixing with secular music. However, I would then venture to say that if they first thought the band was cool then they wouldn't have an issue say, 5, 10 years down the road when the singer or band reveals that they are Christian. Like U2.
3. the devil has been very very successful in convincing people, including Christians, that church is church and the world is the world. So you don't carry your Christian badge to work or even to play because it's rude, it's proselytizing, it's causing religious dissension. wow, he's clever. But the Holy Spirit's cleverer.

But we mustn't cry foul, because Jesus already warned us that people will hate us and persecute us because of Him. We are not to expect a smooth and happy-happy journey through life if we want to truly live for Christ.

For great is our reward in heaven. Indeed. Just to be in the presence of the Lord and to have done the work He sent me to do -- would be the most awesome reward, indescribably wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home