Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Heaven Is So Real!


I have just finished an incredible book, Heaven Is So Real! by Choo Thomas.

I admit when I first passed it by I picked it up, looked at the "aunty" at the back plus the blurb which was filled with exclamation marks, that I laughed and put it back.

A friend mentioned it to me and I figured, If I have the time after all my Smith Wigglesworth books ...

I passed it by again last weekend at the Life! bookstore at Parkway Parade. I decided to get it. I read it in 2 days.

The language is not fantastic, because Choo Thomas is a Korean lady, not very well educated, who married an American. She is just a really humble little obedient servant girl of the Lord and that's that!

From 1996 over a 7-year period, Jesus Christ appeared to Choo Thomas, and brought her to heaven. In this book she shares all these incredible things she has seen in heaven: the mansions that Jesus promised his children in John 14:2; the pit of hell where she saw her own mother; she even goes fishing with Jesus.

Jesus did this so that He could prepare Choo Thomas to write this book, this end-time work that would encourage the faithful who love Jesus and are following his commandments, and to warn all lukewarm Christians and unbelievers to get right with Jesus because He is coming soon!

Admittedly some parts of the book shocked me, like her description of where lukewarm Christians go: she saw them walking dejectedly near the pit of Hell, vs the rich, beautiful, intense Heaven that we all want to go to. This I'm sure will be criticised and pooh-poohed by bible scholars but you know what, many of the details of her visions are identical to what I've seen in visions given to me, so I tend to believe that she's speaking the truth. As Rev David Yonggi Cho says in the foreword, this is not a doctrinal book, but a personal account of one woman's experience with the Lord Jesus.

I do recommend it highly -- it's not the most well-written book but it is very passionate and I'm sure you will be blessed and maybe even feel a deep longing for a similarly deep experience of Christ.

This is meant to be an End-Time book that will convince non-believers and lukewarm Christians to get right with God and FAST. The day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night -- and there will be no more bargaining then. It's Heaven or Hell.

I admit it disturbed me, the thing about lukewarm Christians. Jesus said that He will spit them out (Rev 3:16). And there will be those who go think they're doing all the right things but have never known Jesus or don't obey His Word (Luke 13:26-27) to them Jesus will say He never knew them either. The road is very very narrow indeed. Our salvation is not secure till the last day, guys. We are to work it out, with fear and trembling. I DO fear and tremble -- good grief, I'd never want to lose this! But if we let the devil get a foothold, the foothold can become a milehold, and we can be lost.

I pray for all who read this blog that we might go from strength to strength in our walk with Jesus. That has amazing rewards in itself -- just see what Choo Thomas received when she simply chose to be obedient. I pray all of you to experience and to walk in the perfect will of our God, which is always good!

Heaven Is So Real! is available at most Christian bookstores for S$16.90.

8 Comments:

Blogger cybeRanger said...

Do you feel "condemned" after reading the book?

10:18 PM  
Blogger Threez said...

Not at all! I felt really encouraged and it was really incredible to know that the visions the Lord has given me are confirmed by this book.

12:26 AM  
Blogger cybeRanger said...

That's great! :)

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing this book online, will check it out. Spirit felt that time is running out, we need to spread his Gospel real fast to save many. For his compassion is unto his children out there! Praise God for the vision both of you had recieved.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Threez said...

hey prayer warrior, checked out your site, it's GREAT! Tried to leave a comment but couldn't. Know that you're a blessing.

From one ex-lost sheep to another!

11:09 PM  
Blogger cybeRanger said...

When it comes to books, we need to exercise discernment. My advice is to pick out the bones, but keep the fish. :)

10:23 PM  
Blogger Ted said...

Sister Thomas kindly sent me a several new photos of herself, which I am posting on my blog. She's also sending her VDC / VCD too and once received we will begin making copies to distribute. locally. I also have the colour artwork for the cover. She says we can give them away or charge a fee to cover the costs.

If anyone is interested to assist, borrow, make copies or knows where they can be distributed, please get in contact with me.

http://madaboutasia.blogspot.com/2006/11/book-to-change-lives-heaven-is-so-real.html

Ted Ollikkala

4:24 PM  
Blogger Ted said...

Sorry, that should be DVD / VCD (multiple languages).

Here's the link again:

http://madaboutasia.blogspot.com/2006/11/book-to-change-lives-heaven-is-so-real.html

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home