Friday, July 15, 2005

GOLD DUST AT BBG!

Tonight was an awesome BBG meeting. I felt the presence of God descend, a glory cloud in the room (it was misty), and the tangible touch of the Holy Spirit. Kinda weird for me seeing that I didn't have any visions today (except for another brother's business -- I asked God, "And?" expecting yet another message about ME ME ME, and He said "Today is about OTHERS." So okay, we prayed for the others.

(Hahahahaa ... see, human nature always tries to get a foot in ...)

Our cell group leader had a prompting to pray for fresh visions and dreams. Some people went up to be prayed over, including Kelly, whose husband Steven has just started chemotherapy.

Kelly was the first to notice that her hands were covered in gold dust. It looks like the Prescriptives glitter powder. But there was no glitter on the floor, chairs, furniture or any place where she could have rubbed it from. And it didn't rub off. I didn't check if she tried to wash her hands.

And then Peggy was covered in gold dust, all over her hands and face.

Then Mike. Then Olive.

And when we got home, I was just laughing about "gold dust envy" that the leaders had (I had a bit too, since I don't have any gold dust ANYWHERE!) and jokingly look at my husband's hands -- and lo and behold, the man had gold dust all over his palms. I tried to rub it off and wipe it with tissue. It's still there.

I'm just happy. I can't believe what God has done in my husband's life in the last 6 weeks. I can't believe I am living in God's promise that He would bring my husband around, get him filled with the Holy Spirit, and send him to do His work.

Praise God, from whom all blessings flow. Truly.

4 Comments:

Blogger JJG said...

WOW. All my life I've been longing for such experiences... What's BBG, by the way?

1:19 PM  
Blogger Threez said...

Gold dust is new to me too, though friends from COOS have had gold dust experiences. I saw it on my daughter's face about 2 months back and thought it was glitter that had rubbed off from her toys. But she had it two nights in a row.

It's wonderful how God is making His presence felt - when He comes everything else fades away, there is no other thought but Him. It's amazing to be lost in complete worship and to know He's loving every moment of it as much as you are.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Yas said...

Sounds amazing! I actually read about it somewhere in the books before.. so great that you were priviledged to witness it yourself!

1:52 PM  
Blogger cybeRanger said...

Indeed, Our God is a Big God.. This is really awesome...

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home