Friday, July 08, 2005

Visions Part 1a



Had a couple of visions tonight at BBG.

The first was during praise and worship, when I asked to see my Lord, and I saw Him holding up a lit candle.
"That's you. You are a light in the world."
"I'm going to burn out!"
"No, you won't. You will be always burning for me, on fire."

Christ holding me up high, and i'm supposed to burn brighter and brighter.

It's not about me. It's all about Him. It scares me a little the visions I get of what He wants me to do. But I have had enough encounters with Him to doubt (though you know I always feel like I'm like Elijah, who had amazing victories of God, calling down fire from Heaven and rain in a drought, then turned like a big chicken and fled from Queen Jezebel and asked God to let him die!)

And then, I had this vision ... a bit of history: I had been getting sporadic weird messages during prayer about a new Hollywood and music. Specific people involved were Sinead O'Connor, Mel Gibson and Oprah. Mel Gibson obviously because he directed Passion of The Christ. Oprah because she has the ear of millions. But Sinead O'Connor?! Haven't figured that one out yet. But I know better than to pooh-pooh it because three years ago I found myself praying for Ho Yeow Sun and here I stand.



Hollywood was originally created -- its original PURPOSE -- was to be a land dedicated to glorifying God. In the early 1900s, the legendary filmmaker Cecil B DeMille (who made The Ten Commandments) first came to California and settled in a small town that was giving away free land to anyone willing to build a place of worship. The town, said to be a "Christian" settlement, had a picturesque name -- Hollywood. (Excerpted from "What Hollywood Believes" by Ray Comfort)

So it was supposed to be Holywood. But today, it's quite the devil's playground. he even makes movies about himself starring Al Pacino, Robert De Niro and Elizabeth Hurley as himself. And "God" is played by either a black guy (Morgan Freeman) or a chick (Alanis Morisette). And the world is saved from the apocalypse by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Hollywood has become the major disseminator of falsehood. We call it "escapism".

God's put it in my heart to take back that turf from the devil. He's had his fun, time to flee, in the name of Jesus!

Once every few years a spiritually-accurate movie registers on the radar: The Prince Of Egypt, which I think is beautiful and "When You Believe" makes a good modern hymn if you adjust the lyrics a little. The Passion Of The Christ, which I'm sure led a lot of people to salvation, praise God.

Tonight that Holywood image floated into my mind again. I had no idea why. Suddenly, Pastor Tan, who was talking about the PURPOSE for which things were created and talents were given, said "There are movies and films that God intends to be made that haven't even been made yet" and KABOOM! There was that lightning bolt from God.

The last time I had a lightning bolt, He said "I love you" into my heart and it meant my husband and I. At that point, my husband was not yet Spirit-filled and couldn't bear me praying in tongues, reading the Bible all day, and praying so much, so it was a bit of a stretch. But that was the faith of God, the unshakeable faith, that was placed in the heart of me and I CLUNG ON TO IT for dear life, and 18 months on, God has done everything He promised in my husband's life! PRAISE HIM!!!

So... I will cling on to this. Who knows what will happen, 18 months from now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home