Monday, July 11, 2005

Visions Part 1b

I've only recently discovered that not all Spirit-filled Christians get visions.

One sister said today she's jealous of the visions I get.

Instead of making me feel good, that comment actually disturbs me. I don't want my visions to be a stumbling block to anyone. I don't want anyone feeling like God doesn't talk to them so intimately as He does to me because that's bullpoop. He talks intimately with every one of us who seek Him.

I do wonder if I'll ever lose it. In the deepest part of my heart, I know as long as I remain hungry for more of Him, He will never let me go -- gosh that's such a wonderful thing!!!

I do wonder what is possibly the right protocol for sharing visions, however. I know it's can be very annoying when someone who has a gift that comes so naturally keeps talking about it, making me feel inadequate. So I do know how annoying I could be to people who don't get visions and wish I would shut up already.

However, visions are sometimes to be shared. I believe in that. Visions -- and all the gifts of prophecy, healing, tongues etc -- are meant to EDIFY, not drive people away.

I pray for wisdom here. I want this gift to be a blessing not a curse and certainly not something someone will curse me for!

One thing I have learned and that's not to open my gab till God has confirmed or repeated the vision, and better still when He gives me a lightning bolt to my heart, and I hear words that I can repeat, syllable for syllable.

Wisdom wisdom wisdom! Befall me please! Let this gift be used for God's purposes only, in Jesus' name!

3 Comments:

Blogger Threez said...

Yah I can totally understand. Last time when my friend Chris used to dream dreams about me and then call me the next day to tell me, I always had mixed feelings a) whether real or not, b) how come I ownself can't have dreams?!

Good thing she was quite discerning about what to share lah. Her dreams always edified me, or prophecy about a possibly problem (always very chun one) and the solution to take. So very helpful.

The day I was baptised in the Holy Spirit (ie break out in tongues -- freaky but amazing experience, I recommend it highly) however, the visions started that very night. I don't get them every day, only when there is a thick thick presence of God.

I believe God loves every Christian SO SO much and wants to have an intimate relationship with them.

My friends are blessed in a variety of ways: some feel God (like when they pray somebody puts a "blanket" over them). Some hear from God. Some get visions. Some get dreams.

I believe you will hear from God in one of the various ways. If you haven't been baptised in the Holy Spirit, let me know. The physical proof that you are baptised in the Holy Spirit is that you pray in tongues, so if you don't you probably aren't baptised in the Holy Spirit yet, so it's easily fixed!

But keep seeking God, keep desiring spiritual gifts! He really really wants to give it to you and many others.

Meanwhile, I will take your advice and have wisdom and discernment regarding sharing visions. Only if it edifies!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Yas said...

Hi there,
just stumbled onto your blog from mr brown's. I think it's very inspiring to read about a Christian from the media industry who's on fire for God. Keep the flame burning!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Threez said...

Yes thank you! Praise God! I believe He is raising up a new army to take back media and the arts to do His heavenly work, instead of lead people into sin as it currently does.

We need more Christians to rise up in important positions. I am reading Smith Wigglesworth's Spiritual Gifts book (available at Life Bookstore at Suntec). He walked so deeply with God that he raised people from the dead. And it's amazing how God used a plumber to magnify His greatness.

It is only when there is none of me that there is ALL OF HIM. And that is when miracles will happen.

Nailing our ego to the cross, that's the biggest goal!

Be blessed!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home