Monday, May 18, 2009

To Know, and Not Obey

Luke 12:47-48

"That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked."

These verses make me wonder where I am. I don't think I have been entrusted with very much - yet if I'm wrong about that, boy!! 

I know God's will is for me to do what He has called - find needs, meet them, find hurts, heal them. Don't let someone who needs help pass by. Don't let someone who needs a hug leave without one. Don't miss an opportunity to minister and to teach.

Looks like I'm in for a beating with many blows. *gulp*

Yet, there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Thing is, I have to be mindful to REMAIN in Christ.

Yesterday I peeped this book my husband has been reading: From Good Man to Valiant Man by Dr Allan Meyer.  Dr Meyer teaches on sexual purity for men — there really ought to be one for women too. 

In it he talks about how to stay out of sin - how to recognise what causes your thoughts to engage in a sexually charged moment, and how to instantly react so that that thought does not take root. Throughout this entire exercise, one has to be so one with and connected to God that it is impossible to fail. 

If we are not joined with God we cannot know His perfect will for our lives.

Lord, bring me back to that point - I once was there, but now... not so much.

Another busy day - be with me.

Love
T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home